I. F. Morrison Structures Laboratory
I.F Morrison Structures Lab is used for large scale testing of structures or structural elements. This lab allows our students access to the leading edge technology and equipment such as:
- MTS closed-loop electro-hydraulic testing machines that apply static or slowly applied cyclic loads in tension or compression
- Data acquisition systems consisting of several hundred channels of low speed data acquisition for static testing and 100 channels for high speed data dynamic testing
- Facilities for manufacturing and fabrication of test specimens of metal, concrete, plastics or wood; three high-speed concrete mixers; weight batching system installed in the lab
- High energy impact testing frame couples with high-speed cameras capable of 100,000 frames per second
- 3D digital image correlation system. This hardware allows for non-contact deformation measurement on specimens.
- Upgraded hydraulic system controls to the newest MTS control systems